Top Rated Local® Mosquito Control in Southern California
Protect Your Home with Effective Mosquito Control and Prevention
Mosquitoes can make spending time outdoors a real nightmare, and it is even worse when these irksome pests invade the interior of your Southern California home or business. But these insects are much more than just irritating pests — mosquitoes carry and transmit a number of diseases and pathogens including West Nile virus, encephalitis, and Zika virus. Mosquitoes transmit these and other mosquito-borne diseases to humans through a bite. Mosquitoes also carry heart worms that can infect your beloved pets. When mosquitoes infest your yard and commercial property, you, your loved ones, your pets, and your customers are at risk of being bitten by mosquitoes. This is why our Top Rated Local® pest control team has developed effective mosquito control and prevention programs to protect your home and business.
Standing Water Treatments
Fogger Treatment and Residual Applications
Seasonal Control (April-October)
Why You Need Mosquito Control
Mosquitoes are one of the most annoying insects in Southern California. Along with their constant buzzing, their bites pack a punch that causes skin irritations including constant itching, inflammation, and unsightly bumps. Here are a few reasons why you need mosquito control:
- To protect you and your loved ones’ health and wellbeing
- To safeguard your dogs and cats from parasites
- To eliminate swarms of mosquitoes from your commercial property
- To activate backyard mosquito control so you and your guests can enjoy the outdoors in a peaceful, mosquito-free environment
Mosquito Management and Prevention
Our expert pest control technicians have more than 20 years of experience in eliminating insect problems from homes and businesses in Southern California, including San Diego, Orange County, San Bernardino, and Pasadena. We have the methods, equipment, and expertise to effectively get rid of your mosquito problem inside and outside of your home or business. Here are the mosquito treatments we offer:
Seasonal Mosquito Maintenance
Our company has designed our seasonal mosquito control program to create a mosquito barrier around your home or business to keep these pests under control. With the use of EPA Registered products we can help you keep your family and pets safe from mosquitoes.
Using effective pest prevention methods, we limit mosquito activity on your property to stop them from breeding and nesting in areas like tree holes, yard decorations, and areas with standing water.
Our innovative mosquito control treatments are designed to diminish mosquito populations while safeguarding your property with a protective mosquito barrier to keep them from invading your yard and structures.
What You Should Know About Mosquitoes
Understanding mosquitoes’ preferred habitats for laying their eggs, their feeding preferences, and activity is a type of mosquito control and prevention that can help you avoid a mosquito problem. Here are some not-so-fun yet interesting facts about mosquitoes you should know:
- There are more than 3,500 species of mosquitoes.
- Only a few hundred mosquito species feed on blood.
- Mosquitoes in Southern California are more active in the afternoons during hotter temperatures.
- Mosquitoes are attracted to lactic acid, carbon dioxide, and octanol, all of which are found in breath and sweat.
- Female mosquitoes are the biters — they need to feed on blood before laying their eggs.
- Female mosquitoes lay their eggs in shallow water, which is why it is essential to remove standing water from your home, yard, and indoor/outdoor objects.
Schedule a Mosquito Control Service
If you’re ready to take back your property from these bothersome pests, contact Gopher Patrol to schedule mosquito control or to enroll in our seasonal mosquito control program to effectively eliminate mosquitoes and other pests from your property.